The Alpha Cabin makes it possible to carry out measurements of the acoustic absorption coefficient in diffuse fields.
The Alpha cabin is much smaller in size than a reverberation room (volume: 6.44 m3). The sound absorption of the Alpha cabin itself is also very low: thanks to the high level of sound insulation, background noise in the relevant frequency range is reduced to a minimum.
Alpha cabin principles
- Measurements on flat samples, generally 1.2 m by 1 m. Real parts can also be measured, such as motor absorbers.
- System recognized throughout the industry and used by vehicle manufacturers and suppliers
- The results of the measurements make it possible to establish the specifications of the absorption properties of the NVH products (noise, vibration, hardness)
- Fast measurement process
- Response to RNES-D-20001 and D49 1977 test procedures
Measurements / calculations made
- Absorption performance of flat or complex materials
- Measurements of the absorption coefficient α or the equivalent absorption area Aeq from the Sabine formula
Examples of completed projects
- Characterization of innovative materials
- Characterization of flat or pre-formed material
MATERIALS CHARACTERIZATION BENCHES
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US TO DISCUSS TECHNICALLY ON YOUR NEEDS!